Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Festival of Tibet 2013

My good friend Tenzin Choegyal has been organising the Festival of Tibet at the Brisbane Powerhouse for several years now, and this year's festival he was well rewarded with all those years of hard work with each and every event being completely sold out. Well done Tenzin!  This year Tibet2Timbuk2 performed in the Visy Theatre on the Saturday night concert, along with the Tongues of Fire choir led by choirmistress Yani. Taro, Tenzin and I also played a song or two each with the choir which was really lovely.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the performances but here are some from the sound-check.




On the Sunday evening Taro and I played on the Turbine Platform as part of BEMAC's monthly Planet Series, which also featured some Tibetan singers. This was my last show with Taro before he headed back to Japan after a fun-filled 3 months in Australia. Thanks for coming Taro-san and Yuriko-san!


No comments: