Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BSQ Saraswati Puja 2013

Following our inaugural Saraswati Puja home concert (on the actual date of Basant Panchami), the next day (Saturday) Bengali Society of Queensland held there annual function.  (Here are posts from previous years' functions: 2008, 2007.)  Here's a sample of the items presented:

The programme was opened by Sulagna Basu accompanied by her son (and my student) Tito.

I accompanied a young lady whose name escapes me now. I know she has been having Skype lessons with her guru-ji in India for several years and is progressing really very well. I was impressed with her rhythm sense, despite never practising with tabla - we performed completely impromptu.

 Rinki Bala gave a lovely Kathak dance performance.

There were some Bengali poetry and song performances. 

Saikat Bhattacharya (sitar) and myself at the end of the night.

No comments: