Saturday, February 07, 2009

Tibet2Timbuk2 and friends at Cafe Checocho

Just before I flew over to India I had a little gig with Tibet2Timbuk2 and some other EthnoSuperLounge friends at my housemate's cafe down in West End, Cafe Checocho. I haven't had any gigs in the last couple of months so I wanted to play some music and have a kind of party before going away. It was a free gig in a small friendly cafe so the show was pretty loose and jammy. Thanks to Mayuresh Sathe for the photos of me below - you can see the full set on his Facebook photos page. (But Mayuresh wrongly called it "Tibet2Timbuk2 CD Launch", which was a much slicker event at the Brisbane Powerhouse back in November.)

First act: Feridun Avar and Francis Gilfedder (with a bit of Shen at the end)

Second act: Lansana Camara (kora - right) and Tony Magambo (bass) (with a bit of Shen at the end)

Shen with Tibet2Timbuk2

Tibet2Timbuk2 - Shen, Tenzin and Marcello

No comments: