Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The final Forest Wednesday

From Sep 5th 2007 til July 9th this year I had a weekly jam session at vegetarian cafe The Forest in Boundary St, West End. July 9th was the last one for a number of reasons, mainly that the guy providing the sound system got another gig, but also because for me the gig had served its purpose. Last year I wanted a weekly jam gig to remind people that I was back in Brisbane, to meet some new musicians and to promote my other gigs. Now I'm getting ready for my Japan tour from August 21 and wanting to put time into recording with Tibet2Timbuk2 and etc... (I started a yoga class last week!)

Anyway to cut a long story short, World Music Wednesdays at The Forest are no more. Thanks very much to all the musicians who came and jammed, especially to Ravi (guitar), Robert (piano), Tony (vocal) and George (accordion) who came for the last one. Very special thanks to Ravi for being the number one regular jamming partner and a really nice guy. I expect we'll be making lots more great music after my trip to Japan.

The final Forest Jam - Tony, Ravi, Robert, Shen
(sorry to Accordion George who left before we got the camera going)

No comments: